The ICEboard is a fully custom FPGA / ARM motherboard hosting two high-pin-count (HPC) FPGA Mezzanine (FMC) slots.
Three-Speed Logic collaborated with McGill's Winterland cosmology lab to design the ICEboard. This board includes:
- A Kintex-7 '420T FPGA (socket-compatible with '325T and '480T variants)
- A TI AM3874 ARM SoC
- A variety of high-speed serial interfaces:
- Two 10/100/100 Ethernet interfaces
- 28 10-Gigabit GTX links
- On-chip storage resources
- SPI flash for bitstream and software storage
- DDR3 SDRAM
The ICEboard occupies a 9u-height VME slot (340mm high), although cards are not as deep as a full 9u rack (233mm deep, compared to standard 360mm deep). Most VME crates are adjustable to accomodate this variation; crate vendors are also able to ship correctly sized crates.